Cross-Border Clients

We help Americans and Canadians who find themselves in the unique situation of having investment accounts on both sides of the border. Whether you are a Canadian resident moving to the US, an American living in Canada, or a US resident who expects to inherit Canadian dollars, we can help.

We are licensed and regulated in both Canada and the U.S., and work closely with clients to translate their personal needs into a strategy for their cross-border accounts. We can also advise clients on cross-border issues such as PFIC rules, IRA and 401(k) rollovers and we maintain professional networks to assist with planning, taxation and legal services.

Raymond James Investment Counsel (RJIC). All rights reserved. RJIC advisors may only conduct business with clients who reside in the jurisdiction in which the advisor is properly registered. Therefore, a response to a request for information may be delayed. Please note that not all of the investments and services mentioned are available in every state. Investors are subject to securities and tax regulations within their applicable jurisdictions that are not addressed on this site. Contact your local Raymond James office for information and availability. This website may provide links to other internet sites for the convenience of the users. RJIC is not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor does RJIC endorse, warrant or guarantee the products, services or information described or offered at these other internet sites. Users cannot assume that the external sites will abide by the same Privacy Policy that RJIC adheres to. Investing in foreign securities involves risk, such as currency fluctuation, political risk, economic changes, and market risks.

Raymond James Investment Counsel, is registered with SEC as an investment adviser in the US under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.